Visitors, including alumni, the local community, parents, affiliates, and friends are welcome to use the Oxford College Library during the hours listed below. Visitors may use library spaces for study or research, access library resources in the building, or enjoy a cup of coffee at the Oxpresso Café.
Academic Year: Sunday-Thursday: 8AM-8PM
Summer and Intersessions: Monday-Friday: 8AM-4PM
Click here for a full list of semester visitor hours and exceptions.
- Please direct all questions to the Library Staff member at the Information Service Desk. Please understand that the needs of Oxford College students must take priority over the needs of visitors. the Oxford Library staff’s number one priority
- Visitors enrolled in another university or any school should ask for research help from their institution’s library. Other Universities, distance-learning programs, and and for-profit schools provide virtual library services and are able to justify staff and services based on the amount of support they provide virtually.
- Research help requested by visitors is limited to 30 minutes and is dependent on the availability of staff time.
- Printing and Faxing Costs: Printing is $.20 per sheet for black & white; $1.00 per sheet for color. Faxing is a flat fee of $1.00, sending or receiving. Please see the Library Staff member for printing instructions. The library's visitor fax number is 770-784-4746.
- There is a 30-minute time limit on the visitor computer when other guests are waiting. Access is on a first come-first served basis.
To access electronic resources, such as databases, eJournals, eBooks, etc., please visit the Information Desk to ask for assistance. While many eResources are available to visitors, some are restricted.
Visitors may only use the designated visitor computer in the library's reading nook.
Current faculty, staff, and students at UGA, Georgia Tech, Georgia State, and ARCHE (Atlanta Regional Council for Higher Education) member institutions ARCHE Institutions; spouses or family of Emory University faculty, students, and staff; and other affiliates have borrowing privileges at the Emory libraries. They should fill out a borrower application and then the staff member will enter them into the ALMA circulation system.
EmoryGuest wireless access is provided for visitors of Emory University who have not been granted a Network ID and password for access to the Internet. Users must have a wireless-enabled device and should select the EmoryGuest network from the list of the available networks.
EmoryGuest wireless network users are automatically logged off after 4 hours and do not have full bandwidth or privileges available to Emory users. Also, EmoryGuest does not have access to Emory University's electronic resources that are restricted to Emory University faculty, staff, and students.
Emory alumni are encouraged to obtain an Alumni Card, which will provide unrestricted access to the library. Information on acquiring a card for alumni is available through the EmoryCard Office.